Confirmation badges for all students were handed out today (Monday 30th May) along with instructions on how to create your badge. It is very important that these are back Tuesday the 7th of June. Miss Fernandez will not accept late submissions. No exceptions.
A copy of the instructions is below.
As part of your journey towards Confirmation with your child, we ask that parents work with their child to produce two badges for their Confirmation sash. These will be worn on their Confirmation day (which for our class is Saturday 25th June).
1. Discuss Confirmation with your child and what it means to them and you.
2. What symbols represent Confirmation? You can google images if you like or even use this link here to get you started.
3. What symbols appeal to you?
4. Draw or copy your designs - keep them simple. Include the name of your chosen saint on one of the patches.
5. Discuss how they can be reproduced onto the squares of material
6. Have a practice on another piece of similar material if available
7. Reproduce your symbols.
8. Blanket stitch the edges of the squares to neaten them (many students did this themselves back in year four - however a short instructional video can be found here).
9. Return to your teacher in the plastic sleeve provided by Tuesday 7th June.
Here are some ideas on how to apply your design onto your white squares of fabric:
fabric markers (great for adding detail to your design or drawing onto the fabric)
felt can be glued on
Remember too, one square must have your child's Saint name and a symbol, while one square must contain one or two symbols representing Confirmation or the Holy Spirit.
Please have your fabric designed squares handed into your teacher in the labelled plastic bag no later than Tuesday 7th June.